INGREDIENTS (RHUBARB & HIBISCUS GANACHE)
- 412 g Rhubarb purée
- 41 g xylitol
- 900 g Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate
- 70 g inverted sugar
- 447 g unsalted butter
- 10 g Hibiscus petals (soaked)
- Tempered Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture
chocolate held at 30-31˚C
- Tempered Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
half red colouring, half plain
- Gold leaf
- To make a ganache, heat the puree with hibiscus, just to get it warm.
- Remove from heat and leave to infuse for 30 min.
- Pass and bring back to boil with xylitol.
- Pour over the Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate.
- Add inverted sugar and mix until it becomes smooth.
- Add red white chocolate and plain to paper piping bags and add streaks off each colour leave to set.
- Pour tempered Intense 35 Belgian milk chocolate into moulds.
- Tip out excess and turning all the way upside down, scraping off if needed and leave to set.
- Once set, fill with the ganache and scrape on both halves. Push both sides together and make sure lines meet.
- Tie together and leave to set at room temperature.
- Chill slightly to remove, wearing gloves as to avoid finger prints.