INGREDIENTS (FINANCIER CAKE)
- 450 g egg whites
- 250 g caster sugar
- 200 g almond powder
- 65 g hazelnut powder
- 250 g icing sugar
- 170 g flour
- 150 g butter
- zests of organic lime
- Beat the egg whites and caster sugar together with a whisk.
- Add all the powders and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Pour in the melted butter and lime zest.
- Spread on a 56 x 36 cm Flexipat® sheet with a height of 2 cm.
- Bake in the oven at 170°C for 15 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (GELATINE MASS)
- 100 g gelatine sheets
- 600 g water
- Melt the gelatine sheets in warm water and set aside.
- INGREDIENTS (MILK CHOCOLATE CRÉMEUX)
- 340 g whipping cream
- 70 g egg yolks
- 2 organic limes to zest
- 250 g Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate
- 20 g gelatine mass
- In a pan, cook the cream, lime zests and egg yolks at 85˚C.
- Pour the mixture over the Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate.
- Add the gelatine mass and set aside for the dressing.
- INGREDIENTS (LIME WHIPPED CREAM)
- 700 g whipping cream
- 5 organic limes in zests
- 135 g caster sugar
- 80 g gelatine mass
- 580 g whipped cream
- In a pan, heat the whipping cream and the lime zests and infuse until reaching 85˚C.
- Then add the caster sugar and the gelatine mass.
- Cool down the mixture to 20˚C and mix in the whipped cream gently.
- Garnish the cake with piped lime whipped cream, lemon zest and a quenelle of the milk chocolate crémeux.
From top to bottom, the cake should be constructed as follows: Lime cream, Financier, Lime & milk chocolate, Financier