Citrus Chocolate Ravioli
Recipe by François Galtier
- Ravioli Filling
- Chocolate Ravioli Dough
- Orange Foam
(for 1 plate 40x60cm)
- 225 g Eggs
- 6 g Orange Juice
- 180 g Sugar
- 170 g T55 Flour
- 24 g High fat Cocoa Powder
- 7 g Baking Powder
- 4 g Orange Zests
- 160 g Hot Melted Butter
- Mix gently the eggs with the juice and the sugar to melt the sugar.
- Add the powders, mix well and finish the mixing with hot liquid butter.
- Spread out 750g per plate 40x60cm and bake around 6 min at 210°C in a ventilated oven.
- Cut small triangles when it’s cold enough.
III. RAVIOLI FILLING
- 20 g Corn Starch
- 25 g Lemon Juice
- 150 g Orange Juice
- 50 g Grapefruit Juice
- 3 g Orange Zests
- 120 g Emotion 58 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- Mix the corn starch with the lemon juice.
- Boil the rest of the juices with the zests and add half of this hot juice on the top of the first preparation, then put everything back to the saucepan to bring it to the boil again.
- Take it out of the fire, mix it with chocolate and let it cool down and then put in a refrigerator.
- Whisk the cream before using to get a smooth texture.
IV. CHOCOLATE RAVIOLI DOUGH
- 150 g Orange Juice
- 60 g Emotion 58 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 400 g T55 Flour
- 5 g Orange Zests
- Warm up the juice and pour on the chocolate to make a ganache.
- Mix all the ingredients together with this ganache in a Thermomix.
- Wrap and let the dough rest before laminating.
- 1000 g Water
- 100 g Sugar
- 10 pcs Orange peel
- 5 pcs Cloves
- 2 pc Cinnamon stick
- 1 pc Vanilla Bean
- Boil the syrup to cook the ravioli.
VI. ORANGE FOAM
- 100 g Fresh Cream 35%
- 25 g Emotion 58 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 400 g Orange Juice
- 5 g Egg White Powder (or Emulsifying Paste)
- Warm up the cream and mix it with the chocolate to make a ganache.
- Add the cold juice and the egg white powder or the emulsifier, then blend them to create the foam.
- Roll out the ravioli dough and cut the leaf shape needed.
- Brush some water on the borders, pipe the filling and close with another layer of ravioli dough.
- Mark the leaf design on the surface with a knife.
- Cook the ravioli for 2 min in boiling syrup.
- Cut some thin slices of kumquats to decorate the dessert plate.
- Display the triangle of sponge in the middle of the plate, place the foam around and the hot ravioli on the top of the sponge.