Recipe by David Redon
- Foamy chocolate
- Cocoa biscuit
- Thyme creamy
- Almond chocolate tile
- Roasted peaches
- Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- High fat Cocoa Powder
- Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate
II. FOAMY CHOCOLATE
- 300 g Water
- 3 g Orange peels
- 185 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 3 g Emulsifier in paste
- Warm the water at 60°C and infuse the orange zests inside for 10 min.
- Sift over the chocolate and the emulsifier, blend to get an emulsion, insist by incorporating as much air bubles as you can to create the foamy texture.
- For an optimal foam texture, use between 30-40°C.
III. COCOA BISCUIT
For a tray of 40×60 cm
- 200 g Marzipan 50%
- 50 g Icing sugar
- 1 g Sea salt
- 70 g Whole eggs
- 140 g Egg yolks
- 210 g Egg whites
- 80 g Sugar
- 80 g Flour
- 60 g High fat Cocoa Powder
- 70 g Melted butter
- Warm the marzipan at 35 -40°C, add icing sugar with salt and soften it in the planetary mixer with the paddle.
- Add gradually whole eggs and egg yolks till obtain a smooth texture.
- Meanwhile, whip egg whites with sugar to a firm texture.
- Fold in the first preparation, add the sifted flour with cocoa powder and add melted butter.
- Spread on baking tray and bake in convection oven at 180°C during 10 min, close damper.
- Cut out disc of 6 cm Ø.
IV. THYME CREAMY
- 100 g Full fat milk
- 3 g Fresh thyme sprig
- 23 g Gelatin mass (1/5)
- 175 g Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate
- 200 g Liquid fresh cream 35%
- Warm up milk around 60°C, and infuse the fresh thyme sprig inside for 10 minutes.
- Warm up again at 80°C, add the gelatin mass and sift over the chocolate.
- Add the liquid fresh cream, then mix with the hand blender to achieve the emulsion.
- Reserve in the fridge to set.
V. ALMOND CHOCOLATE TILE
- Q.S Intense 35 Belgian milk couverture chocolate
- Q.S Roasted chopped almond
- Temper the chocolate and spread thinly between 2 plastic sheets, cut out disc of 10 cm Ø and let set.
- On a tray, spread a layer of chopped almonds and add chocolate discs on top.
- Put in a switch off oven at 50°C, let melt on the almonds and take them out.
- Let set quickly again in the fridge.
VI. ROASTED PEACHES
- 5 pieces Fresh yellow peaches
- 50 g Butter
- 100 g Fresh lemon juice
- 60 g Sugar
- 6 pieces Fresh thyme sprig
- Boil water and put the whole peaches inside for 2 minutes.
- Remove them and cool down under cold water.
- Cut in the center and twist to separate in 2 halves, then peel off the skin.
- In a cooking pan, dipose the halves peaches and cook in butter for 5 min, add the syrup of lemon juice / sugar and stir gently.
- Add everything in an oven dish and bake at 220°C during 15 minutes.
- Once out, cover with cling film and let cool down.
In an aluminium plate, in the center, add a disc of biscuit and pipe on top a layer of thyme creamy using a round nozzle N°10. Dispose gently the foamy chocolate around and dispose the almond chocolate tile on top of the creamy. Finish with a roasted half peach, sprinkled of fresh thyme and pieces of Leman gold leaves.