Hazelnut Praliné Christmas Party
Recipe by Peter Remmelzwaal
- Hazelnut praliné 65%
- Emotion 58 Belgian dark chocolate couverture
- Sensation 72 Belgian dark chocolate couverture
- Intense 35 Belgian milk chocolate couverture
- Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
- Crispy Crunchies
- High fat Cocoa Powder
- Silicon mould PX 4351 of Pavoni
- Bonbon mould, Ø 2.8 cm (bauble)
- Bonbon mould, Ø 2 cm (bell)
- Recipes for 14 pieces
II. CHOCOLATE MOUSSE SENSATION 72
- 6 g Gelatine
- 30 g Water (1)
- 60 g Egg yolk
- 60 g Sugar
- 22 g Water (2)
- 335 g Cream
- 114 g Milk
- 150 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- Dissolve the gelatine in cold water (1) and leave to soak.
- Whip the cream until you get soft peaks and then place it in the fridge.
- Heat the sugar in water (2) to 120°C.
- Whisk the egg yolk until light and add the sugar syrup (pâte à bombe).
- Heat the milk and dissolve the gelatine in the warm milk.
- Pour the milk onto the dark chocolate and whisk the mixture until smooth.
- When the mixture has cooled to 35°C, fold in the pâte à bombe with a spatula.
- Finally, fold the whipped cream into the mixture with a spatula.
III. ALMOND-CHOCOLATE BISCUITS
- 180 g Fresh egg white
- 174 g Sugar (1)
- 258 g Whole egg
- 36 g Sugar (2)
- 180 g Almond powder
- 28 g Flour
- 28 g High fat Cocoa Powder
- 3 g Salt
- 34 g Butter
- 100 g Caramelised hazelnut pieces (sprinkle over the biscuits)
- Whip the egg white with sugar (1) until light and frothy.
- Whisk the almond powder, sugar (2), salt and a whole egg until light.
- Melt the butter and add it to the almond powder mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold the light almond mixture into the egg foam.
- Fold the High fat Cocoa Powder and flour into the batter using a spatula.
- Mix briefly and cut out at 0.75 cm thickness.
- Sprinkle the biscuit slices with small pieces of caramelised hazelnut.
- Bake at 220°C.
IV. PRALINE ANGLAISE
- 137 g Milk
- 205 g Cream
- 55 g Egg yolk
- 90 g Hazelnut praliné 65%
- 4 g Gelatine powder
- 20 g Water
- 50 g Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
- 45 g Intense 35 Belgian milk chocolate couverture
- Dissolve the gelatine powder in cold water.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil.
- Add the hazelnut praliné paste.
- Mix the hot cream with the egg yolks and heat the mixture to 82°C.
- Once heated, add the soaked gelatine.
- Once the gelatine has dissolved pour the warm anglaise into the chocolate.
- Whisk well and cool before use.
V. CACAO JELLY
- 14 g Gelatine
- 70 g Water (1)
- 100 g Hight fat Cocoa Powder
- 150 g Sugar (2)
- 150 g Water (2)
- 210 g Cream
- 160 g Glucose
- 150 g Sugar (1)
- Mix the gelatine with water (1) and leave to soak.
- Make a paste with the High fat Cocoa Powder, sugar (2) and water (2).
- Heat the cream, glucose and sugar (1).
- Add the High fat Cocoa Powder paste while stirring, and heat the mixture to 105°C.
- When heated, add the gelatine and leave it to dissolve in the warm mixture.
- Cool before use.
VI. CHOCOLATE CRISPY CRUNCHIES
- 375 g Emotion 58 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 120 g Hazelnut Praliné 65%
- 3 g Salt
- 115 g Crispy Crunchies
- Melt the chocolate to 45°C.
- Then add the praliné and salt.
- Lastly, add the Crispy Crunchies and stir well.
- Roll out the mixture between two sheets of paper to 3 mm thickness.
- Remove the upper sheet and cut it out with a special oval-shaped cutter (included with the silicon mould).
- After cutting, freeze the slice and remove it for use.
VII. CONSTRUCTING THE DESSERT
- Prepare the praliné anglaise according to the process.
- Prepare the almond biscuits as described in the process.
- Cut two square slices measuring 20 x 20 cm out of the biscuit to fit a square mould (or another available size of mould).
- Place one slice of biscuit in the mould, spread the anglaise over it and top it off with the other biscuit slice.
- The final height is about 2-2.5 cm.
- Freeze the interior with praliné anglaise and then cut into strips of 1.5 x 10 cm.
- Prepare the 72% chocolate mousse as described in the process.
- Pipe the chocolate mousse into the silicon mould and press the frozen interior in the mousse.
- Place the silicon mould in the freezer.
- Prepare the cocoa jelly according to the recipe and process.
- Prepare the chocolate Crispy Crunchies base according to the process.
- After freezing the chocolate mousse, remove the desserts from the mould and glaze straight away with the cocoa jelly.
- Then place the dessert on the chocolate Crispy Crunchies base.
- Decorate the dessert with a chocolate Christmas bauble, bells and gold leaf (see photos).