Ingredients Veliche™ Gourmet:
- Hazelnut praliné 65%
- Emotion 58 Belgian dark chocolate couverture
- Sensation 72 Belgian dark chocolate couverture
- Intense 35 Belgian milk chocolate couverture
- Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
- Crispy Crunchies
- Cocoa powder
- Silicon mould PX 4351 of Pavoni
- Bonbon mould, Ø 2.8 cm (bauble)
- Bonbon mould, Ø 2 cm (bell)
Recipes for 14 pieces
I. Chocolate mousse Sensation 72
- Gelatine 6 g
- Water (1) 30 g
- Egg yolk 60 g
- Sugar 60 g
- Water (2) 22 g
- Cream 335 g
- Milk 114 g
- Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate 150 g
- Dissolve the gelatine in cold water (1) and leave to soak.
- Whip the cream until you get soft peaks and then place it in the fridge.
- Heat the sugar in water (2) to 120°C.
- Whisk the egg yolk until light and add the sugar syrup (pâte à bombe). Heat the milk and dissolve the gelatine in the warm milk.
- Pour the milk onto the dark chocolate and whisk the mixture until smooth.
- When the mixture has cooled to 35°C, fold in the pâte à bombe with a spatula.
- Finally, fold the whipped cream into the mixture with a spatula.
II. Almond-chocolate biscuits
- Fresh egg white 180 g
- Sugar (1) 174 g
- Whole egg 258 g
- Sugar (2) 36 g
- Almond powder 180 g
- Flour 28 g
- Cocoa powder 28 g
- Salt 3 g
- Butter 34 g
- Caramelised hazelnut pieces (sprinkle over the biscuits) 100 g
- Whip the egg white with sugar (1) until light and frothy.
- Whisk the almond powder, sugar (2), salt and a whole egg until light.
- Melt the butter and add it to the almond powder mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold the light almond mixture into the egg foam.
- Fold the cocoa powder and flour into the batter using a spatula.
- Mix briefly and cut out at 0.75 cm thickness.
- Sprinkle the biscuit slices with small pieces of caramelised hazelnut.
- Bake at 220°C.
III. Praliné anglaise
- Milk 137 g
- Cream 205 g
- Egg yolk 55 g
- Hazelnut praliné 65% 90 g
- Gelatine powder 4 g
- Water 20 g
- Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate 50 g
- Intense 35 Belgian milk chocolate couverture 45 g
- Dissolve the gelatine powder in cold water.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil.
- Add the hazelnut praliné paste.
- Mix the hot cream with the egg yolks and heat the mixture to 82°C.
- Once heated, add the soaked gelatine.
- Once the gelatine has dissolved pour the warm anglaise into the chocolate.
- Whisk well and cool before use.
IV. Cacao jelly
- Gelatine 14 g
- Water (1) 70 g
- Cocoa powder 100 g
- Sugar (2) 150 g
- Water (2) 150 g
- Cream 210 g
- Glucose 160 g
- Sugar (1) 150 g
- Mix the gelatine with water (1) and leave to soak.
- Make a paste with the cocoa powder, sugar (2) and water (2).
- Heat the cream, glucose and sugar (1).
- Add the cocoa powder paste while stirring, and heat the mixture to 105°C.
- When heated, add the gelatine and leave it to dissolve in the warm mixture.
- Cool before use.
V. Chocolate crispy crunchies
- Emotion 58 Belgian dark couverture chocolate 375 g
- Hazelnut Praliné 65% 120 g
- Salt 3 g
- Crispy Crunchies 115 g
- Melt the chocolate to 45°C.
- Then add the praliné and salt.
- Lastly, add the Crispy Crunchies and stir well.
- Roll out the mixture between two sheets of paper to 3 mm thickness.
- Remove the upper sheet and cut it out with a special oval-shaped cutter (included with the silicon mould).
- After cutting, freeze the slice and remove it for use.
VI. Constructing the dessert
- Prepare the praliné anglaise according to the process.
- Prepare the almond biscuits as described in the process.
- Cut two square slices measuring 20 x 20 cm out of the biscuit to fit a square mould (or another available size of mould).
- Place one slice of biscuit in the mould, spread the anglaise over it and top it off with the other biscuit slice. The final height is about 2-2.5 cm.
- Freeze the interior with praliné anglaise and then cut into strips of 1.5 x 10 cm.
- Prepare the 72% chocolate mousse as described in the process.
- Pipe the chocolate mousse into the silicon mould and press the frozen interior in the mousse.
- Place the silicon mould in the freezer.
- Prepare the cocoa jelly according to the recipe and process.
- Prepare the chocolate crispy crunchie base according to the process.
- After freezing the chocolate mousse, remove the desserts from the mould and glaze straight away with the cocoa jelly.
- Then place the dessert on the chocolate crispy crunchie base.
- Decorate the dessert with a chocolate Christmas bauble, bells and gold leaf (see photos).